Mmmm cookies... yummy!
No... not that kind! A cookie is a piece of information, like a tag, that's stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. It can help identify your device – like your PC or mobile phone – whenever you visit that website. They are used by most major websites including Mega Engraving. To make the best use of our website, on whichever device you use, you'll need to make sure your web browser is set to accept cookies.
What are cookies used for?
- give you a better online experience
- allow you to set personal preferences
- protect your security
- measure and improve our service
- work with partners and measure marketing
So what information is kept by the cookie?
A cookie will typically hold:
- the name of the website that it has come from
- how long the cookie will stay on your computer or phone
- a value – usually a randomly generated unique number
How long do cookies stay on your computer?
Session cookies –these only last until you close your browser. They are not stored on your hard drive. They are usually used to track the pages that you visit so that information can be customised for you for that visit.
Persistent cookies – these are stored on your hard drive until you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the site.